Hard Mode is a gamemode in Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time (GMXX Version). It is unlocked after completing every level in the game, and can be accessed from the main menu. Beginning a game in Hard Mode will put that game in a seperate profile.
Differences From Normal Mode
Hard Mode increases the difficulty of Plants vs Zombies 2 dramatically. Below are some differences between it and the normal mode of the game.
- Sun falls less often.
- Zombies start coming much faster, and come in larger groups.
- The amount of zombies needed to kill to obtain upgrades are much higher.
- The amount of keys needed to unlock a key gate is much higher.
- Plants cannot be leveled up.
- Plant Food disappears almost immediately if not picked up.
- Plant Food is much rarer.
- All levels have an extra flag added to them.
- All Zombots have an additional phase.
- World Keys are obtained after the Boss Battles.
- Everything in the shop costs twice as much.
- Lawnmowers do not kill Gargantuars.
- Coin Bags contain silver coins.
- Lawnmowers drop silver coins.
- Plants on the lawn at a level's start do not give sun when shoveled.
- Day X of each world also requires 10,000 coins to access.