Level Upgrades are a feature in Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time (GMXX Version). They are similar to the level upgrades in the Chinese Version of the original Plants vs Zombies 2.
To level up a plant, you need Crystals, which drop from zombies and are as common as Coins. A plant can be leveled up 4 times, making 5 the maximum level. Additionally, plants can only be leveled up to Level 5 after receiving the Level 5 Upgrade from Big Wave Beach.
The default level plants start at.
Grants the plant an additional ability. Costs 100 Crystals
Grants the plant an additional ability. Costs 300 Crystals
Makes the plant's plant food ability more powerful (Grants instant use plants an additional ability). Costs 650 Crystals
Gives the plant a 25% chance to use its plant food ability upon planting (Grants instant use plants an additional ability). Costs 1,000 Crystals
- Plants are upgraded at the Suburban Almanac. What each Level Upgrade does can also be seen here.
- Instant use plants gain additional abilities at Levels 4 and 5, as they do not have plant food abilities.
- Seed packets have a different color depending on what level they are.
- Level 1 seed packets are white.
- Level 2 seed packets are blue.
- Level 3 seed packets are purple.
- Level 4 seed packets are red.
- Level 5 seed packets are gold.
- It takes a total of 2,050 crystals to fully level up a plant.