Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time (GMXX Version) Is a slightly different version of Plants vs Zombies 2 created by Dekagamer7X9.
Platforms: PC, Mac.
Rating: T (Because of a religious-based world)
Gameplay-wise, the game is almost exactly the same as the regular Plants vs Zombies 2, with some changes.
The sequel to the award winning tower defense game is finally here!
- Travel on an adventure through time to bring back Crazy Dave's taco!
- Travel through awesome time periods like Pirate Seas and Dark Ages!
- Gather keys to unlock awesome brain busters!
- Use classic plants like the Peashooter, Doom-shroom, and Chomper!
- Discover Brand new allies like Laser Bean, Iceberg Lettuce and Rotobaga!
- Battle whacky zombies like the Tomb Raiser, Archmage and Dodo Rider!
- Battle Dr. Zomboss and his various Zombots on your journey!
- Over 250 levels to enjoy!
- Click on sun with the mouse to collect it.
- Left Click on a seed packet and drag it to a space, then click again to plant a plant.
- Click on Plant Food with the mouse to collect it.
- To use Plant Food, press space, and click the plant you want to use it on.
- Use the mouse or WASD to move around on the map screen.
- Press Control to activate the Turbo Button.
- Press ESC to pause the game.
Differences from regular version
- It is on PC.
- The maps are pre-1.7. styled.
- Game progression is the same as pre-1.7, just without stars.
- Music plays on the title screen.
- The credits aren't played until the game is beaten.
- There's a music video for Zombie Time during the credits.
- Each regular sun is worth 25 sun.
- There are no stars.
- Most star/level goals are now part of Pinata Parties.
- There are multiple Pinata Parties available to play every day.
- Premium Plants are bought with coins.
- There are no Power-ups.
- There are no gems.
- There is only one tutorial level.
- Coins can be used to buy various items in the shop.
- Kung-fu World is an area.
- Castle in the Sky is an area.
- Coin bags contain 5 gold coins.
- Lawnmowers are worth 1 gold coin each.
- Gold Coins are worth 50 coins each.
- All plants from the chinese version are in the game.
- All Premium plants from the regular version are obtained normally (except Imitater).
- Treasure chests can be obtained from certain levels. They contain either World Keys, Endless Zones, or Vasebreaker packs.
- There is a Vasebreaker level pack for each world.
- Vasebreaker level packs are obtained after completing a world.
- Plants are obtained in different orders.
- Upgrades are obtained by killing a certain amount of zombies in a world.
- Every world has at least 2 upgrades.
- Diamonds return from the first game.
- Endless zones are unlocked after the boss battles.
- Every world has the same amount of levels.
- Every world has the same amount of plants.
- World keys cannot unlock any world, only the next world chronologically.
- Some worlds have more than one exclusive brain buster.
- There are 3 worlds exclusive to this version; Jukebox Diner, Silent Suburbs, and Hellfire Depths.
- The Zen Garden functions the same as it does in the first game.
- Plants can be leveled up, like in the Chinese version.
- Snapdragon thaws nearby plants in Frostbite Caves, and can't be frozen.
- Ice plants can't be frozen in Frostbite Caves.
- Crazy Dave's Twiddidinkies returns from the first game.
- Costumes can only be obtained from the Costume Lottery.
- The maximum amount of seed slots is ten.
- Sun Bombs are worth 50 sun each.
- In Ancient Egypt, Pirate Seas, and Wild West, the Save our Seeds levels have different Endangered Plants in each level.
- Mushrooms sleep during the day.
- The Turbo Button must be bought from the shop for 500 coins.
- Mower Launch is activated by double clicking a lawn mower.
- Upgrades can be bought with coins if the player doesn't want to get them the normal way.
- Bacon is available to buy in the shop.
- Imitated plants are gray.
- Zombotany, Boss rematch, and Sandbox are all game modes, and must be unlocked with one of the 3 mysterious keys sold at the shop for 50,000 coins.
- The endless zone has a button on the seed select screen to change the zombies.
- Every world has at least one plant returning from the first game.
- There are 17 total areas.
- Dark Alchemy and Trap Tiles are in Special Delivery format.
- The boss fight against the Zombot Aerostatic Gondola is in Last Stand format.
- Travel Log distributes the upgrades, and does not give out quests.
- Endless Zones contain a fourth card that costs 1,500 coins, can be picked along with a Plant card, and always is either Starting Sun, Starting Plant Food, or Lawn Mower Replacement.
- Vasebreaker is unlocked using a Mysterious Key costing 500 coins, and the player is urged by Crazy Dave to buy it after Ancient Egypt Day 10.
- Each world has a bonus level called "Day X" unlocked after the world's boss battle, and is hidden on the map. It is a special delivery level, and completing it will give the player a plant.
- There is a PvP Mode that's unlocked after the main game is completed.
- Modern Day has 36 levels.
- Modern Day has 5 levels in the boss gauntlet.
- There is a single level area called Time Twister, where the final boss is fought.
- Gold Bloom is obtained in Modern Day, rather than from an Epic Quest.